In a recent poll, these were voted the top ten most ridiculous British laws…
1. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament (27 %).
2. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down (7 %).
3. In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store (6 %).
4. Mince pies cannot be eaten on Christmas Day (5 %).
5. In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter (4 %).
6. A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman’s helmet (4 %).
7. The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the king, and the tail of the queen (3,5 %).
8. It is illegal to avoid telling the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing (3 %).
9. It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament in a suit of armour (3 %).
10. In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow (2 %)
I would like to know the origin of these!!!
Powered by Facebook Comments